Pumpkin, Spinach & Cashew Curry
Before cooking, follow on-pack instructions to rinse and pick over uncooked soup mix.
Heat oil in a large frying pan, add onion and garlic, cooking for several minutes until tender. Stir in the spices and cook a further minute whilst stirring.
Add stock, uncooked ancient grains and pumpkin to pan. Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and add coconut milk. Cook partially covered for 20 minutes, stirring often or until pumpkin and grains are tender.
Stir in the tomatoes, spinach and half the cashews. Heat through and serve with rice, lime and sprinkled with remaining cashews.
- If you have pre-cooked the whole bag already, you will need 2 cups of the cooked grains for this recipe. Simply add to the curry once the pumpkin is almost cooked through for a shorter cooking time.
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Clive Of India Authentic Curry Powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup Mckenzie's Ancient Grain Soup Mix
- 800g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 3cm dice
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 80g spinach leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup raw cashwes, toasted and roughly chopped
- Steamed rice and lime wedges, for serving