Blueberry & Walnut Muffins
Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12 hole muffin pan with paper cases or a 24 hole muffin pan with paper.
Sift together flours, baking powder and cinnamon. Add oats.
In a separate bowl whisk together the sugar, honey, eggs, yoghurt and melted butter.
Combine the dry and wet mixtures together until just combined. Do not over mix.
Fold through the blueberries and walnuts. Spoon into muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Leftover muffins can be frozen individually. They make a great addition to kids’ lunch boxes.
- Blueberries can be changed to raspberries, strawberries or a berry combo. Use either fresh or frozen berries.
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp McKenzie's Baking Powder
- 1 tsp McKenzie's Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup whole oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries (or other chopped fruit)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
Rate This Recipe