Warm White Bean & Prosciutto Salad
Prepare beans by boiling in salted water until tender (refer to back of pack for detailed instructions). Drain the beans.
Heat oil and add the chilli, thyme and garlic, cooking until garlic has softened Add the prosciutto and stir until it begins to brown. Add the capsicum, balsamic vinegar and cooked white beans. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, tossing occasionally until heated through. Remove the thyme sprig.
Season to taste. Add the basil, rocket and spinach leaves. Toss gently and place on a serving platter. Add avocado slices, parmesan shavings and an extra splash of balsamic vinegar to serve.
- Instead of roasting the capsicums in the oven, save time by charring them on an open gas cooktop flame, turning frequently until the skin is evenly charred. Place in an oven bag or wrap in foil immediately and stand for 15 minutes. Peel skin away, wipe off any remaining charred skin and slice into thin strips length-ways.
- Leftover salad could be placed onto the underside of large mushrooms, topped with grated parmesan and grilled until heated through for a delicious and nutritious breakfast/brunch.
- 375g McKenzie's White Beans
- 1/2 tsp fresh chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g thinly sliced prosciutto, roughly sliced
- 1 large or 2 small red capsicums, roasted, deseeded and sliced lengthways
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- To taste, McKenzie's Australian Natural Sea Salt Grinder
- To taste, McKenzie's Whole Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 cups rocket and baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced into wedges
- To serve, parmesan shavings, balsamic vinegar