- Slow Cooked Sweet Potato & Lentils
Slow Cooked Sweet Potato & Lentils
Heat oil in a frying pan, add onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until tender. Stir in spices and cook for a further minute. Transfer onion mixture to the pot of the slow cooker with the tomatoes, stock, water, paste, potatoes and lentils. Stir to combine and cook on low for 2 hours.
Add corn and zucchini to pot, mix to combine and cook for a further 2 hours on low. Season to taste and serve with rice. Accompany with yoghurt, coriander sprigs and lemon wedges.
- Leftovers are great for filling wraps with some grated cheese or yoghurt.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp McKenzie's Ground Cinnamon
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3 cm chunks
- 1 cup McKenzie's Red Split Lentils, rinsed
- 300g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- To taste, McKenzie's Australian Natural Sea Salt Grinder
- To taste, McKenzie's Whole Black Peppercorn Grinder
- To serve, Basmati rice, yoghurt, coriander and lemon wedges
Rate This Recipe