- Slow Cooked Moroccan Lamb with Chick Peas
Slow Cooked Moroccan Lamb with Chick Peas
Soak chick peas overnight. Drain and transfer chickpeas to slow cooker.
Put the lamb in a zip lock bag. Add flour, seal and toss until lamb is coated.
Heat half of the oil in a large fry pan and add half of the lamb. Cook until browned on both sides. Transfer cooked lamb to slow cooker. Repeat with remaining oil and lamb.
In the same fry pan, add onion, ginger, garlic, chilies, cumin, coriander , pepper and paprika. Stir fry for 2 minutes, until onion is soft. Transfer to slow cooker.
Add all remaining ingredients to slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Serve with fresh coriander and natural yoghurt.
- 200g McKenzie's Chick Peas, soaked overnight
- 1.5kg boned lamb shoulder, diced
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsps fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 fresh green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 2 tsps ground coriander
- 1 tsp McKenzie's Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp McKenzie's Paprika
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pinch McKenzie's Saffron
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 350g carrots, cut into thick slices
- 140g dried apricots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
Rate This Recipe