- Slow Cooked Chicken Cacciatore
Slow Cooked Chicken Cacciatore
Preheat slow cooker on HIGH.
In a fry-pan over high heat, brown the chicken and place in the slow cooker.
In the same pan, fry the onion, thyme and garlic until onions are translucent. Add tomato paste and fry for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer 30 seconds. Add mixture to the slow cooker with the chicken.
Add all remaining ingredients except for the fresh parsley. Place lid on and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or until beans are cooked.
Garnish with parsley. Serve with potato mash and crusty bread.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 kg chick thighs, roughly chopped
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 800g diced canned tomatoes
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp McKenzie's Whole Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 1 cup fresh parlsey
- 2 carrots, peeled & diced
- 120g kalamatta olives, pitted
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 100g McKenzie's White Beans, soaked overnight
Rate This Recipe