Quinoa Salad with Haloumi & Pomegranate
Cook quinoa as per packet instructions. Drain and cool slightly.
Combine garlic, juice, spices and 1 tbs of the oil in a large bowl and season to taste. Add quinoa to the bowl with mint, spinach and seeds. Toss gently to combine.
Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook haloumi for 1 minute each side or until golden.
Serve quinoa salad topped with haloumi, yoghurt and pomegranate seeds.
- 1 cup McKenzie's Tri Colour Quinoa
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 2 tsps ground coriander
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 250g haloumi, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 3/4 cup Greek style yoghurt
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- To taste, McKenzie's Himalayan Pink Rock Salt