Lentil Patties with Yoghurt Mint Sauce
Vegetarian delight. Recipe can be made a day ahead.
Combine lentils, celery, carrot, water, coriander, cumin and oregano in pan. Bring to boil, simmer covered for about 20 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Cool. Stir in parsley and stale breadcrumbs.
Shape mixture into 4 patties. Toss in flour, dip in egg white, then coat in breadcrumbs.Heat oil in non-stick pan, add patties and cook until well browned on both sides . Drain on absorbent paper .
For the sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- 1/2 cup McKenzie's Australian Red Split Lentils
- 1/2 stick celery, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cups stale breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tsps fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tsps fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- To taste, McKenzie's Natural Salt & Pepper