- Chunky Corn, Tomato & Chorizo Soup with Barley
Chunky Corn, Tomato & Chorizo Soup with Barley
Prepare pearl barley as per packet directions. Drain.
Heat half the oil in a pan and cook chorizo over medium heat until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
Wipe out excess fat from pan and add remaining oil. Cook onion and garlic until tender. Return chorizo to pan with the stock, tomatoes, barley and oregano. Bring to the boil, then stir in capsicum and corn. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 35 minutes until vegetables and barley are tender. Season to taste.
Serve soup with sour cream, sliced chilies and coriander sprigs.
- 3/4 cup McKenzie's Pearl Barley
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 120g chorizo, diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 fresh oregano sprigs
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 2 cobs corn, kernels stripped
- To taste, McKenzie's Australian Natural Sea Salt Grinder
- To taste, McKenzie's Whole Black Peppercorn Grinder
- To serve, sour cream
- 1-2 green chillies, sliced
- To serve, fresh coriander
Rate This Recipe