Tartaric Acid is found in many fruits and can be used to preserve and flavour food and beverages. Tartaric acid is usually combined with bi-carb soda, to act as an instant leavening acid.
- Adds extra tang to beverages and syrups.
- Flavouring for soft drinks, fruit juices, confectionery and jam.
- Essential ingredient in wine that is responsible for tartness.
- Can be used as a substitute for cream of tartar by using half of what the recipe specifies.
- Add ⅛ of a teaspoon with your boiling vegetables to keep them vibrant.
- Can be used in cheese making
We also have citric acid. Be sure to check out our entire range of baking aids.