Vegan Italian Style Minestrone
Heat oil in a large saucepan or pot and add onion and garlic. Cook for several minutes until tender. Stir in fennel and carrot, cooking a further 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
Add stock, water and soup mix. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until legumes are tender.
Add zucchini, peas and kale to soup and cook a further 2 minutes. Stir in parsley just before serving and season well.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fennel, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2-3 cups water
- 3/4 cup, rinsed McKenzie's Italian Style Soup Mix
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups kale leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- to taste, McKenzie's Australian Natural Sea Salt Large Grinder
- to taste, McKenzie's Whole Black Peppercorn Large Grinder