- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork with Black Beans
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork with Black Beans
- Nutritional fact- The Grains & Legumes Nutrition Council suggest that eating 3-4 serves of legumes per week can reduce the risk of coronary heart and cardiovascular disease by 10%.
Prepare and soak black beans according to on-pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add pork in batches, searing all over until golden brown.
Place beans, onion, garlic and thyme in the base of a slow cooker bowl, arrange pork pieces over the top.
Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the pork. Cover with the lid and cook on high heat for 4.5 hours. Once cooked, pull the pork apart with forks and mix it all together. Stir in some chopped coriander. Serve with rice and bread.
- Use any leftovers in a wrap with some sour cream or as a topping on baked potatoes.
- 1/2 cup, rinsed and soaked McKenzie's Black Beans
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 800-900g piece pork scotch roast or shoulder, cut into 15cm chunks
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup smokey BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- for serving chopped coriander, cooked rice and bread
Rate This Recipe