Pea, Lentil & Spinach Curry
Prepare Yellow Split Peas by soaking overnight.
Heat the oil in a large pot and add onion and garlic, cooking until onion is tender. Stir in potatoes, ginger, curry powder and cumin, cooking a further minute. Add stock, split peas and lentils, bringing to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 25 minutes until peas and lentils are tender.
Add tomatoes to pot and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in spinach just prior to serving. Season well and serve with chilli, yoghurt and coriander.
- Add some green peas or cauliflower to bulk up the vegetables.
- 1/2 cup McKenzie's Australian Yellow Split Peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 300g waxy potatoes, diced
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Clive Of India Authentic Curry Powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 cup McKenzie's Australian Yellow Split Lentils
- 1 tomato, diced
- 60g spinach, chopped
- To taste, McKenzie's Australian Natural Sea Salt Grinder
- To taste, McKenzie's Whole Black Peppercorn Grinder
- For serving, sliced green chilli, coriander, yoghurt & roti bread