Orange & Poppy Seed Friands
Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease with butterrn12 x ¹/³ cup capacity friand moulds.
Combine icing sugar, flours and poppy seeds in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy. Mix in the melted butter and orange rind. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour mixture between prepared moulds and bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Friands will keep for several days, preferably in the refrigerator. Warm through gently in a microwave after a couple of days if preferred.
- Use lemon rind in place of orange if preferred.
- If you don’t have a friand mould, use a ¹/³ cup capacity muffin tray.
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup McKenzie's Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tbs poppy seeds
- 6 egg whites
- 180g butter, melted
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange