- Italian Style Soup Mix Minestrone Soup
Italian Style Soup Mix Minestrone Soup
A much requested favourite.
Prepare soup mix according to on pack preparation instructions.
Heat oil in a large pot, add pancetta and fry until crisp. Add onion, carrots, celery, potato and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add tomato paste, tomatoes, bacon bones, prepared soup mix, oregano, basil and water and bring to the boil. Boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately 1 hour or until beans are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add cabbage and pasta and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Season to taste. Garnish with parmesan and parsley.
- 375g McKenzie's Italian Style Soup Mix
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 100g pancetta, diced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 large carrots, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 potatoes, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 800g tinned crushed tomatoes
- 500g bacon bones
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 14 cups water
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup dried small pasta
- McKenzie's Australian Natural Sea Salt, to taste
- McKenzie's Whole Black Peppercorns, to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese to serve
- chopped fresh parsley to serve
Rate This Recipe