Chicken & Chick Pea Korma
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Add the butter, garlic, ginger, garam masala, curry powder and cardamom pods to the pot. Stir until fragrant. Add the tomato paste, coconut cream and chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add chick peas and cooked chicken and cook for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Garnish with fresh coriander and cashews. Serve with rice and naan bread.
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 50g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tsps garam marsala
- 4 tsps Clive Of India Authentic Curry Powder
- 6 cardomom pods, crushed
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup McKenzie's Chick Peas, prepared, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- To serve Naan & Rice
Rate This Recipe