McKenzie’s x The Confectionist Competition 2021
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and
conditions. By entering this promotion you are deemed to have accepted these
terms and conditions.
2. This promotion is being run by Ward McKenzie Pty Ltd (ABN 52 004 586
645) of 47-51 Slough Road, Altona VIC 3018 (“Promoter”) in partnership with
The Confectionist AU.
3. The promotion starts at 5:00 pm AEST on 1st September 2021. Entries close
and must be received by 11.59 pm AEST on 15th September 2021.
4. The time of entry will, in each case, be the time the online entry is received
by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or
misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for
any other reason.
Who can enter?
5. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. However, employees and their
immediate families of Ward McKenzie Pty Ltd or Thrive pr + communications
and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto
spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent,
step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew,
brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
6. If you are under the age of 18 years you must have parental/guardian
consent to enter. The parent/guardian agrees to these terms and conditions of
How do you enter?
7. To enter, you must, during the promotion period:
a. ‘Follow’ @mckenziesfoods and @theconfectionistau on Instagram
b. Comment on the competition post and tell us in 25 words or less why
your Dad is the best
8. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be
9. All entries must be made under the entrant’s own Instagram account.
10. Entries that are incomplete, incorrect or illegible will be deemed invalid.
11. All entries and the intellectual property in them become the property of the
Promoter. The Promoter may use any content (in whole or in part) from the
entries including reproducing (in any media and with or without accreditation
as to the author) the response to the questions in promotion, marketing or
other materials. The Promoter may authorise others to use any of the rights
which it maintains as owner of the intellectual property in the entries.
12. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that its entries are the original work
of the entrant and that the exercise by the Promoter of its rights will not
breach the rights of any other person.
Prizes and Judging
13. There is one (1) grand prize to be won over the promotional period. The
winner will receive one (1) The Confectionist AU Custom Face Biscuit, valued
at AU$59.00 and (1) McKenzie’s mixed baking prize pack, valued at $29
14. The total prize pool value is AU$88.00
15. The prize will be awarded to the best entry (comment), as deemed by the
16. Judging of all eligible entries will take place on 16th September 2021.
17. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be
18. Winners will be notified in writing by direct message on Instagram within
two (2) business days of judging (20th September, 2021), and asked to direct
message McKenzie’s with their delivery address and contact information to
receive their prize.
19. If a prize remains unclaimed after five (5) days, or a winner is disqualified
in accordance with these terms and conditions, the prize will be forfeited and
distributed at our discretion.
20. The winner may be announced in a social media post on the McKenzie’s
and Confectionist AU Instagram page and their entry comment will be shared
in the post.
20. The prize will be delivered to the address provided by the winner. If the
winner lives in Victoria, Australia and the prize cannot be delivered to the
winner’s address for any reason, then we will request the winner to arrange a
pick-up of the prize from our head office, located in Altona, Melbourne.
21. You are only eligible to win one prize. The Promoter reserves the right to
withdraw a prize if there are no eligible entrants to receive that prize.
22. By accepting a prize, you agree to participate in and co-operate as required
with all reasonable marketing activities relating to the prize including but not
limited to being interviewed and photographed. We reserve the right to use
your comments, image and name for advertising and publicity purposes in any
media in perpetuity without compensation.
23. A prize, or any unused portion of a prize, cannot be transferred, exchanged
or redeemed for cash.
24. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions, the winner and their
companion are responsible for all other expenses (if applicable) including
flights, spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless
specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes,
energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, and all other ancillary costs.
25. The prize is only available to residents of Australia. The prize may not be
combined with any other voucher or offer.
26. We reserve the right, at any time, and in our sole discretion to;
a. request entrants to provide proof of identity and/or proof of valid entry
b. disqualify any entrant who we have reason to believe has breached any of
these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct or any
conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
27. The Promoter will not be liable for any prize that may be lost, stolen,
forged, damaged or tampered with in any way after it leaves our possession.
28. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of
printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change
in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
29. If the prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, for whatever reason, the
Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) for
a prize greater or equal monetary value and/or specification.
30. If for any reason, we are not able to conduct the promotion as planned,
including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical
difficulties or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this
promotion, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to take any action that
may be available.
31. We exclude all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or
merchantability of a prize, except those that cannot be excluded by law. To the
fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the promoter or its employees
or agents for breach of any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be
excluded under Australian Law, is limited to the payment of the costs of
having the prize supplied again.
32. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss (including
indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or
sustained in connection with the promotion including the supply of goods or
services by any person to the prize winners, and where applicable to any
persons accompanying the prize winners. We accept no responsibility for any
tax liabilities that may arise from winning the prize.
33. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or
associated with Facebook Inc. You are providing your information to the
promoter and not to Facebook Inc. The information provided will only be used
for this promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this
promotion should be directed to us and not to Facebook Inc. The Promoter
releases Facebook Inc. from each entrant into the promotion.
34. By entering this promotion, you agree that we may use the personal
information we collect from you:
a. to conduct this promotion, including determining and notifying the winners
and disclosing that information to prize suppliers; and
b. for future marketing purposes in any media, including contacting you after
this promotion ends,
https://www.mckenziesfoods.com.au/privacy-policy/ or by calling +61 3 9398
4011. If you would like to access or correct the personal information that we
hold about you, you can contact the promoter by phoning +61 3 9398 4011.