Sticky Date Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm cake tin.
Bring dates and orange juice to the boil in a small saucepan. Stir in Bi-Carb and remove from heat. Allow to cool.
Beat sugar and butter until creamy and pale. Add eggs until well combined.
Fold in date mixture, flour, baking powder and vanilla essence.
Pour mixture into tin and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
TO MAKE SAUCE: Bring all ingredients to the boil in a saucepan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Serve warm pieces of sticky date pudding with warm caramel sauce.
- Pudding and sauce can be made in advance and reheated in microwave prior to serving.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or a dollop of cream.
- PUDDING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 300ml orange juice
- 1 tsp McKenzie's Bi-Carb Soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 80g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsps McKenzie's Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- CARAMEL SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
Rate This Recipe