- Spiced Pumpkin Soup with Toasted Almonds
Spiced Pumpkin Soup with Toasted Almonds
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until transparent, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and cinnamon to the pot. Stir until fragrant. Add the pumpkin and stock. Cover.
Bring to the boil. Add red lentils and season to taste. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until pumpkin has softened.
Blend soup with a hand held mixer until smooth.
Serve soup in bowls, top with a dollop of yoghurt or sour cream. Top with almonds and garnish with fresh coriander.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp McKenzie's Ground Cinnamon
- 1 kg pumpkin, chopped coarsely
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup McKenzie's Red Lentils
- To taste, McKenzie's Natural Salt & Pepper
- To serve, natural Greek yoghurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted
- To garnish fresh coriander
Rate This Recipe