Mediterranean Grain Salad
Cook rice, lentils and quinoa, separately, according to packet directions.
Combine rice, lentils and quinoa in a large bowl. Add onion, seeds, pinenuts, capers, currants, herbs, juice and oil.Stir until well combined.
Stir cumin seeds into the yoghurt in a small bowl.
Serve salad on a large platter. Top with spoonfuls of yoghurt, drizzle with honey and scatter with almonds.
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup McKenzie's French Style Lentils
- 1/2 cup McKenzie's Red Quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 small red onion, finely choped
- 2 tbs pepitas, toasted
- 2 tbs sunflower seeds, toasted
- 2 tbs McKenzie's Pine Nuts, toasted
- 2 tbs salted baby capers, rinsed
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 cup firmly packed parsley leaves
- 1 cup firmly packed coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 cup greek style natural yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tbs honey
- 1/2 cup McKenzie's Flaked Almonds, toasted
Rate This Recipe